Le Maquis: 5-star hotel with a beach in Corsica
The 5-star Le Maquis hotel in Southern Corsica offers the expanse of the sea laid out at your feet and the blue of the sky, the sunshine and infinite peace for your pleasure, with:
- A fine sand beach that is naturally protected, nestling in a private cove that offers it a very private character reserved solely for the hotel’s guests. Mattress, towels, beach bags and parasols are which our beach attendant will be happy to install for you.
- Two overflow pools overlooking the sea: one outside (10x15 m) and a heated indoor pool with an endless lap system (5x10 m). Depths: small basin 1.40 m; large basin 2.50 m. Possibility of booking private swimming and aquafitness lessons for your or your children with a state-certified swimming instructor.
- A private floodlit tennis court. Private lessons available. Loan of rackets and balls. In the summer, it is best to book a court in advance in order to take advantage of the cooler evening temperatures.
- A ping-pong table.
- A park and garden where flowers, palm trees and rare varieties flourish in the sea breeze for a short stroll at sunset.
- Personalised fitness programmes with a state-certified personal coach.
- Beauty treatments available on prior reservation (face care, manicure, pedicure, hair removal, and more).
- And for a fitness programme followed by complete well-being, let yourself be tempted by a massage in our massage room or why not on the terrace of your room overlooking the sea (foot reflexology, Californian massages, and more).
The expanse of the sea laid out at your feet and the blue of the sky, the sunshine and infinite peace...
Activities and leisure departing from the hotel
The joy of Le Maquis hides so many others because here as at sea everything is possible. On request, our reception team will allow you to take advantage of their experience to organise an infinite selection of leisure activities according to your wishes that will delight young and old alike.
Guaranteed thrills not to be missed:
- Sea outings from the hotel’s private beach aboard luxury open launches with a skipper for an exclusive private à la carte half-day or full-day adventure. No doubt the best way to discover Corsica, its miles and miles of wild coastline, white sand beaches and coves dominated by magnificent mountain landscapes! A range of colours from turquoise blue to indigo and all shades of green, some of the most crystal-clear waters in the world. In the paradisiac setting of the bay of Ajaccio and the surrounding coves, an unforgettable moment of adventure and escapism that you may even be lucky enough to share with dolphins.
- Beach hut party or picnic at sea prepared by us.
- The pleasures of a jet-ski outing and the joys of motor-boating at the controls of machines that combine power and safety with an instructor-guide (no permit required). This is the best way to get close to the coast, discover its secrets and enjoy some unexpected encounters with wild animals as you swim in a hidden cove at the foot of a Genoese tower. One or two-hour, or half or full-day packages.
- All your water sports directly from the hotel’s beach or nearby subject to availability and the season, in collaboration with our usual partners.
- A superb variation to the atmosphere of the coast, head to the mountains in a top-of-the-range 4WD with a guide and discover the most beautiful landscapes along the hidden trails that run through the maquis. Walks offering pure escapism that depart from the hotel along safe trails between the sea and the mountains through the forests of Laricio pine, chestnut, eucalyptus and cork oak. Discover the exceptional fauna and flora and, following the seasons, tasting of chestnuts, the fruit of the strawberry tree, blackberries, wild strawberries, wild asparagus, sea urchins, and more, and swim in a river or the sea! During coffee breaks or drinks at the end of the day, ethnobotanical explanations with Corsican legends and stories. Possibility of lunch at a typical mountain inn, a beach hut, a private estate on the waterside on a deserted beach with a Corsican barbecue, or a picnic prepared by us according to your wishes.
- But also car, motorcycle, scooter and bicycle hire, helicopter transfers and excursions, a multitude of tourist itineraries and visits to sites with or without a guide, with your own vehicle or with a chauffeur.
- Near the hotel, a thalassotherapy centre, a gym, and jogging trails departing from the hotel.
- In Porticcio, you will also find countless land and sea-based activities of all kinds: horse-riding centre and pony club, golf range (6-hole), and rentals of all sorts.
- In the region, everything is possible: paragliding, canyoning, rock-climbing, hiking and long-distance hiking with tourist guides and mountain guides, game fishing and hunting in the season. The choice is vast and we take care of everything!
An exceptional cultural adventure: discover the treasures of the Ile de Beauté.
This is all the more easy from the hotel, the central geographic location of which on the island makes it easy to travel North or South.
The most beautiful sites in Corsica:
Everywhere you look you are amazed by the magic of the sites. The extravagance of the sea and the mountains is laid out like a kaleidoscope of colours, but ten sites really stand out from the others and are recognised as the wonders of the island:
- the Sanguinaires Islands
- the Calanques of Piana
- the Scandola Nature Reserve (a UNESCO World Heritage site)
- the Restonica gorges (forest of chestnut trees, region of Venaco, Corte, etc.)
- the typical towns and villages of Corsica: Corte, Sant’Antonino, Erbalunga, Sartène, Girolata, etc.
- the Southern beaches: Palombaggia, Rondinara, Piantarella, etc.
- the Lion de Rocapina and Bonifacio
- the Agriates Desert and the region of Cap Corse
- the Aiguilles de Bavella and the Alta Rocca (Quenza, Levie, Zonza)
- the mountain lakes: Creno, Nino, etc.
and much more among a multitude of cultural activities to be discovered: prehistoric and Roman sites, Genoese towers, Romanesque and Gothic churches, typical villages, museums, visits to craftsmen (knife-making, pottery, marquetry, essential oils, and more), traditional cuisine (cold meats, cheese, wine, olive oil, chestnuts, honey, etc.). Our concierge team will be delighted to advise you during your stay and suggest a wide range of excursions departing from the hotel.
For further information:
Corsica Tourism Agency: www.visit-corsica.com
Porticcio Tourist Office: www.porticcio-corsica.com
Ajaccio Tourist Office: www.ajaccio-tourisme.com
Information about Corsica: www.visitcorse.com
Programme of events
From the south to the north of the island, a celebration for each season:
- 18 March: Ajaccio City Festival. Religious celebration of Notre Dame de la Miséricorde. Procession.
- 18 April: U Catenacciu in Sartène (religious celebration and procession along the way of the cross).
- 25 to 31 May: Imperial Regattas in Ajaccio.
- 30 May to 2 June: celebration of Saint Erasmus. Festival of the Sea and Fishermen.
- 19 to 21 June: Comic Strip Festival in Ajaccio.
- 21 June: Music Day.
- 23 au 28 June: 23 to 28 June: Jazz Festival in Calvi (www.calvi-jazz-festival.com).
- 24 to 27 June: Jazz Festival in Ajaccio.
- July and August:
- Every Thursday: changing of the Napoleonic Guard.
- Every Friday: night shopping.
- 14 July and 15 August: fireworks display and village dances.
- 13, 14 and 15 August: Napoleonic Days.
- Start of November: Mille Virages Rally.